Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flushing Circus


The Mets finally got it right on Monday afternoon, announcing that they had fired Tony Bernazard. Then, they managed to screw it up.

This is how I interpreted Omar's comments:

Tony was a good friend of ours and we had to make a decision. The negative press gave us no choice. The fans were ripping us apart and asking for this guy's head. I feel so bad I had to do this to my good friend Tony. But you know what? We're not going to take this quietly. It was Adam Rubin- Adam, who lobbied for Tony's job. Adam- your stories gave us no choice but to do what we had to do. You wanted a man's job and you know what, you're not going to get it you son of a bitch! You still want to cover our team? We'll make your life a living hell.

Mission accomplished? Yet to be determined. I can tell you I will be reading the Daily News the rest of the season, so if anything, Omar did the paper a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment