Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finally An Easy One


It's been a while since the Mets had a laugher in their favor. Laugher was the appropriate term, because the Cardinals looked like a little league team the entire second half of the game.

Fernando Nieve continues to throw zeroes and now there should not be any question about him leaving the team or moving to the bullpen once John Maine or Oliver Perez return. He's bought himself at least a few more starts.

Nick Evans looked very comfortable in Citi Field. After all, he was one of the few players invited to take batting practice in the park when it was still a construction site. It's fitting that he hit a homerun in his first start there.

Brian Schneider just missed yet another three-run homerun. Anywhere else that ball would have probably been out. Speaking of robbed by the park, that shot by Pujols late in the game in garbage time- that's outta here anyplace else.

As for more good news, I have sold my tickets to today's workday game. My record in attending these has been less than stellar. I'd have to double-check, but in the last two seasons I believe the Mets have won any weekday home game I missed to complement the 0-fer in those I attended. No blowout or blown saves today, just a good old fashioned victory, guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment